Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Anne Margolis, CNM, LM, MSN, BSN, RN (Biography)
Anne Margolis is a Licensed Certified Nurse Midwife, Licensed Femme! Teacher, Certified Clarity Breathwork Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and practitioner. She is a 3rd generation guide to mommas birthing babies in her family. Anne has helped thousands of families in her 20+ year midwifery practice and has personally ushered the births of over 1000 healthy babies into the world. She has also guided countless human beings to heal from emotional pain, inner stress and trauma, tap into their strength and power, live fully and vibrantly, and reclaim their radiance, joyfulness, calm and overall sense of well-being.
Through her online childbirth course ‘Love Your Birth’, her online and in-person midwifery for pregnancy and postpartum support consultations, her birth professional mentoring, her holistic gynecology, Clairty Breathwork and Femme! experience offerings she infuses wisdom, compassion, inspiration, and joy into the entire process of women’s health care from teen aged years to menopause, as well as into facilitating incredible healing and wellness for both men and women of all ages. She also provides consulting to help you publish and launch your book!
Anne is a two times number one national and international best selling author of ‘Natural Birth Secrets: An Insiders Guide How To Give Birth Holistically, Healthfully and Safely, and Love the Experience’, and also ‘Trauma Release Formula: The Revolutionary Step by Step Program for Eliminating Effects of Childhood Abuse, Trauma, Emotional Pain and Crippling Inner Stress, to Living in Joy without Drugs or Therapy.’ Anne’s work, insights and advice have been seen on TV shows and movies including 4 episodes of ‘A Baby Story’ on TLC Discovery Channel, and the award winning feature documentary, ‘Orgasmic Birth’ and ‘The Human Longevity Project.‘ She has been interviewed for multiple local, national and international radio programs, shows and podcasts. Anne has also been a featured speaker and expert panelist at distinguished events for Weil-Cornell School of Medicine, the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, RCC State University of New York School of Nursing, and Birthnet Association of Childbirth Professionals and Hudson Valley Birth Network to name a few. Anne’s Clarity Breathwork and Femme! healing movement workshops have been hosted at several yoga studios and wellness centers, including the conscious, high vibration and transformational community at The Assemblage in NYC. Anne is a proud founding member of The Health and Wellness Business Association, which was created to promote initiatives that support better collaboration, interaction and ethical business practices within the health and wellness business community.
She has midwifed mommas and babies for over two decades, and guides individuals to birth themselves as healthy and whole human beings capable of immense joy and inner peace. Her clients describe her as “passionate, sensitive, big hearted, and a playful ball of light.” When she’s not helping mommas around the world you can find her doing yoga (anywhere and everywhere), dancing, taking or facilitating powerful growth and healing workshops, traveling, enjoying family time and watching comedy.
- Developed fear of birth while working as a labor and delivery nurse
- Birth was treated as a potential lawsuit- she witnessed many cesarean births
- Had a traumatic birth of her own
- Later learned about midwifery, and began schooling to become a midwife.
- Had another baby at home, which was incredibly healing
- In midwifery, relationships are built with the mother throughout the prenatal care, with longer appointments to gain trust and understanding
- Many times when a partner is uncomfortable with homebirth or midwifery, it is often because of misconceptions. Midwives are trained medical professionals who can administer life-saving drugs, and know life saving techniques like neonatal resuscitation and CPR.
- The postpartum period is incredibly important, and Anne explains her recommendations for creating a community of help and support during pregnancy.
Anne’s Website: www.homesweethomebirth.com
Support the show: patreon.com/happyhomebirth