Do you feel clear on the reasons you’ve chosen the path of homebirth…. or natural childbirth in general?
Join me today as we speak with Brooke Collier of Sister Birth and discuss her amazing guide “7 Mistakes Many Mamas Make When Planning Their Natural Birth…And How to Avoid Them”.
- Brooke is a mother to 4 children, all of whom were born at home
- She has worn many hats over the last 10 years: photographer, birth photographer, student midwife, and doula.
- She’s always been more on the “crunchy” side, so even before marriage she knew she wanted to have a homebirth. She discussed this with her to-be husband very early on.
- First baby: 48 hours of pretty active labor at home in 90 degree weather – emerging 5 hours after pushing felt amazing
- She had a narrative in her mind that she’d “performed badly,” which she worked through with her midwife team postpartum
- After a 48 hour marathon birth, Brook next gave birth to her biggest baby… within 5 hours. She attributes this to feeling very connected with her baby during labor
- After first child, part of her barter with her midwife was to photograph a birth. This was her first experience at a homebirth that wasn’t hers.
- After 4th child began working as a student midwife- attended 43 births in 9 months…. Was not sustainable
- As a holistic health coach and Master’s in psychology (counselor), she began working as a doula
- She then created a class that infused her Christian faith with both all of her other offerings and created SisterBirth, an online class